Traditional Cheese Fondue
A fondue favorite with dry white wine, Gruyere and Emmental cheeses, this flavorful fondue can be served with French bread, mushroom caps, asparagus spears or a selection of other veggies.
- ¾ cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- ¾ cup (180 ml) water
- 1½ Tablespoon Kirsch
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces (225 g) Gruyère cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces (225 g) Emmental cheese, cubed
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot.
For dippers, try cubed country French bread, mushroom caps, steamed or grilled asparagus spears, and steamed or grilled broccoli and cauliflower.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|