Vegan Avocado Chocolate Torte
A delicious, vegan indulgence for all to enjoy.
- 3½ cup (350 g) hazelnuts, divided use
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon (120 milliliters + 1 Tablespoon) coconut oil, divided use
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (135 g) dried dates, pitted, halved
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- ½ cup (120 ml) agave nectar
- 5 avocados, peeled, pitted, divided use
- 1 cup (100 g) cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons goji berries, ground
- Place half of the hazelnuts into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to Pulse and quickly release. Continue to Pulse 8 to 12 more times, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Repeat with second half of the nuts. Remove to a bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and salt to the ground nuts in the bowl. Mix to incorporate. Press into a spring form pan.
- Place 120 ml coconut oil, dates, vanilla bean and agave into the Vitamix 1.2-litre container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 25 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place 2½ avocados in the Vitamix 1.2-litre container and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds. Add to the bowl with the date mixture. Repeat the process for the second ½ of the avocados.
- Add the cocoa powder and goji berries to the bowl with the avocado and date mixture. Mix to incorporate.
- Spoon mix over top of the hazelnut crust, wrap in plastic, and place in refrigerator overnight to set.
- Slice torte just before serving.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||29 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Vegan Avocado Chocolate Torte is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by WFPBcindy from Valentine’s Day Wonderfulness This is a recipe that I will save for special occasions due to its richness. I would have given a 5 star but wasn’t sure about how many avocados to use as Haas avocado are small and Florida size are big. I ended up using 4 Haas avocados. I used walnuts as I couldn’t find hazelnuts and didn’t get the goji powder. Used honeysuckle powder instead. Will try the goji next time. Be sure to refrigerate overnight as recipe states-flavor & consistency much better. Good job Vitamix but please be more precise on amounts needed. I have eggplant lentil burger recipe right now but again wasn’t sure about eggplant size (I used 2 med). We shall see as it was drippy when I refrigerated it. BTW, I am loving my Vitamix!
Date published: 2020-02-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by DouglasinFW from Size must be wrong The recipe claims to make a 124-cm torte, which is almost 50 inches. So I am left wondering what size pan to use. 6", 8" or 9"?
Date published: 2020-01-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Little Davy from One 24cm ~ 9” Responding... But, this is easy and yummy I used monk fruit to make it more keto friendly, for some of the dates
Date published: 2020-01-18