A twist on the classic, chef Seamus Mullen's version uses the sweet, juicy flavors of watermelon for a splash of summer.
- 2 (250 g) red bell pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 pound (454 g) seedless watermelon, seedless, chopped
- 2 pounds (900 g) red heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound (450 g) english cucumber, peeled, quartered
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded, diced
- 2 scallion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lime juice
- ⅓ cup (5 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons Kosher salt
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, olive oil, and kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Place a third of the mixture into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Thoroughly chill before serving.
|Serving Size||1 serving (121 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|