Cashew "Ranch" [Immersion Blender]
With a substitution of healthy fats from cashews instead of sour cream, this ranch dressing is packed with flavor. It also holds well in the fridge, so you can prep a batch and have it on hand for any of your recipes or meals.
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (140 g) raw cashews
- 1½ teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch kosher salt, optional
- Place all ingredients in the order listed into the 32-ounce immersion blending jar, or an appropriate container.
- Submerge the immersion blender below the surface of the liquid or as close to the ingredients as possible.
- Start the immersion blender on its lowest speed, then slowly increase to its highest speed. Move the immersion blender around, including up and down. Blend the ingredients for approximately 60 seconds, or until desired consistency is achieved.
You may store this for up to one week under refrigeration. To make a more traditional ranch, use sour cream instead of water and cashews.