Margaritas aren’t strictly for summertime. Try this cranberry concoction at your next holiday gathering.
- For the Cranberry Jam:
- ¾ cup (75 g) fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- For the Cocktail:
- 8 Tablespoons (120 g) cranberry jam
- ¼ cup (45 ml) lime juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) orange juice
- 6 fl. ounces (180 ml) tequila
- 5 cups (650 g) ice cubes
- To make the cranberry jam, bring cranberries, sugar, water, and orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thick with jam consistency, about 30 to 40 minutes. Mix in the zest and let cool.
- Place 8 tablespoons jam, lime juice, orange juice, tequila, and ice into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 35 to 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.