Cucumber and Pea Salad with Greens Goddess Dressing
This light and bright salad is versatile, easily served with or without greens, even paired with steamed shrimp or fish if desired. The "Greens Goddess" dressing pairs well with this salad's fresh herbs.
- 2 (660 g) English cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups (295 g) frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1 cup (185 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup (240 ml) Fresh Greens Goddess Dressing
- 1 pinch sea salt, optional
- 5 cups (125 g) baby kale, or other hearty green
1. Place the Thick Slicing Blade into the Food Processor Work Bowl and secure the lid.
2. Start the machine and feed the cucumbers through the Small Food Chute opening, using the Small Food Pusher to gently push the cucumbers through until all are processed.
3. Remove the sliced cucumbers to a bowl, add the sweet peas, cherry tomatoes, mint, and basil leaves, Greens Goddess Dressing, and salt, if desired. Toss gently to incorporate.
4. To plate, place the kale, greens or whatever hearty green you would like into the bottom of the bowl. Gently spread the cucumber mix around the outer edge of the salad. Refrigerate and hold until you are ready to serve.
This salad is a great example of the versatility of the Ascent blender base. The salad dressing comes together in a blending container, while the cucumbers can be sliced in the Food Processor Attachment - it's a wonderful salad accompanied by the best the season has to offer.