Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
A flavorful purée with russet potatoes, sprigs of thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (95 g) leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (285 g) artichoke hearts, drained, diced
- 4 ounces (115 g) small russet potatoes, cubed
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons kale pesto
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of kale pesto.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lyn50 from Great soup Great recipe. No need to peel potatoes. Amazing flavor. Super easy and healthy. A new favorite
Date published: 2016-12-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by MiMi47 from Pefect! This was so simple and delicious. Amazingly flavorful though no salt or pepper is added. I used basil pest as I had it readily available. set a side some of the potato if you want to add after blending for more texture. Great recipe.
Date published: 2018-02-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by eaglelanz from This is a great and way to liven potato leek soup I really like this recipe as I am adding more greens and cruciferous vegetables to our diet. while potato leek soup is good on its own, this really livens it up, and with the benefit of adding the kale. Everone in the family ate it! Also it is so easy to make!
Date published: 2019-08-19