Orange Nut Oatmeal Cookies
Fresh orange flavor and the warm spice of clove make these oatmeal cookies perfect for holiday exchanges. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or raisins to personalize the recipe.
- 1½ cup (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 2½ cup (390 g) rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup (60 g) walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place flour, oats, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place orange, egg, oil, molasses, vanilla and brown sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds or until well blended.
- Fold the mixture into the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until evenly distributed.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Stir ½ cup (120 g) chocolate chips or raisins into finished batter.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|