Ce mélange aux tomates classique se prépare en quelques minutes pour les adolescents gourmands et les réceptions inattendues.
- ½ oignon, pelé, en dés
- 1 piment jalapeño, épépiné
- 10 g (¼ tasse) de feuilles de coriandre fraîche
- 5 ml (1 cuillère à thé) de jus de citron
- Sel et poivre, au goût
- 6 tomates Roma
- Mettre l'oignon, le piment jalapeno, la coriandre, le jus de citron et six des quartiers de tomate dans le contenant Vitamix dans l'ordre indiqué, puis verrouiller le couvercle.
- Sélectionner la Variable 1.
- Démarrer l'appareil, puis augmenter graduellement la vitesse jusqu'à la Variable 5.
- Mélanger pendant 15 à 20 secondes, en utlisant le pilon afin de pousser les ingrédients vers les lames.
- Réduire la vitesse à la Variable 3, puis retirer la prise du couvercle. Ajouter le reste des tomates dans l'ouverture de la prise du couvercle.
- Mélanger pendant 10 secondes supplémentaires ou jusqu'à l'obtention de la texture désirée, en utilisant le pilon pour pousser les ingrédients dans les lames. Ne pas trop mélanger; laisser des morceaux. Servir avec des croustilles de maïs.
|Taille des portions||0.25 cups (60 )|
|Quantité par portion|
|Matière grasse totale||0|
|Total des glucides||1|
Red Salsa is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by phil58 from Even better with lime juice This is indeed a wonderful salsa, which I have made and enjoyed at least a dozen times. However, I believe lime juice substituted for the lemon makes it even better. In the "Getting Started" booklet that came with my Vitamix 7500, the ingredient list for this recipe (which is called California Salsa in that publication) calls for lemon juice, but the first step of the directions mentions placing lime (not lemon) with the other ingredients into the blender, which inspired me to use it instead.
Date published: 2017-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by SherryBabie from Easy and Delicious I've made this for my family several times. I either put a clove of garlic in or garlic salt. Use the pulse to desired consistency. You can also add a little Serrano chili for more kick/flavor.
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by stellarsteph from Great flavor! This salsa recipe has a great flavor! I mixed the salsa in my Vitamix and think that the recommended times here may be a bit too long (maybe use the pulse function to keep it more chunky), but I'll definitely make this again!
Date published: 2015-11-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by KathyM from Perfect I can no longer eat restaurant Salsa. This is a million times better than anything in a restaurant. I normally keep some of the seeds or add an additional pepper to spice it up some. It is the best salsa ever. Most of the times I just eat it with a spoon.
Date published: 2016-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by ItssoStormy from Love it I've made this several times. I either put a clove of garlic, salt, lime juice, serrano pepper and later add some cut up avocado then pulse to desired consistency. Ive been using he 8 oz bowl for small batches. .
Date published: 2018-03-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by AVR1 from Missing something.... This recipe underdelivered for a couple reasons: 1. I followed recipe mixing times exactly. Salsa turned brownish color after 1st mixing session. Who wants brown salsa? Not me. 2. Flavor: it lacked flavor. I added fresh chopped tomatoes, garlic, lime & salt & pepper. Overall, not impressed with this recipe. ☹️
Date published: 2018-07-05
Rated 1 out of 5 by SweenyTodd from Well that was disappointing! So I love my Vitamix. Use it several times a day for going on 5 years but this recipe murders salsa-- not in a good way. To say the instructions should have stated to pulse is an understatement. Now all my summer tomatoes are pureed to trash. Sad.
Date published: 2019-08-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Theboysx3 from The husband loves it and that's a treat!!! During the summer, this is a quick way to may salsa, however, I use lime juice instead of lemon. surprisingly, I made it as a treat for myself. I left the kitchen for a few seconds and when I returned, it was gone. Found it in with my husband, snacking away.
Date published: 2020-06-11