Gaspacho au melon d'eau
Une variante du classique : la version du Chef Seamus Mullen utilise la saveur sucrée et juteuse du melon d’eau pour ajouter une touche estivale.
- 2 (250 g) medium red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 pound (454 g) seedless watermelon, chopped
- 2 pounds (900 g) red heirloom tomatoes
- 454 g (1 livre) de concombres anglais
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded
- 2 scallion
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, sliced
- 1 lime, peeled
- ⅓ cup (5 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Hacher grossièrement le poivron rouge rôti et couper le maïs de l’épi. Mélanger dans un grand bol avec le melon d’eau, les tomates et le concombre.
- Ajouter le chipotle, la sauce adobo, les oignons verts, l’ail, la lime, la coriandre, l’huile d’olive et le sel kascher, puis mélanger légèrement.
- Mettre le tiers de la préparation dans le récipient Vitamix, puis verrouiller le couvercle.
- Démarrer le mélangeur à sa vitesse la plus basse, puis augmenter rapidement la vitesse jusqu'au maximum.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Transférer dans un pichet et répéter avec le reste des ingrédients. Attendre que le mélange soit complètement refroidi avant de servir.
|Taille des portions||1 serving (484 g)|
|Quantité par portion|
|Matière grasse totale||7 g|
|Total des glucides||27 g|
|Fibres alimentaires||6 g|
Watermelon Gazpacho is rated out of 5 by 10.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dogma from Fantastic -- A Must have on a hot day. I made this on one of the hottest days of the year - a first time making and we were having family over for dinner. It's easy to make and has a TON of flavor. The recipe makes plenty. The second time I made it I cut it in half -- just for the two of us and it was great - lunch and dinner. A definite thing to have on those hot days. My new favorite.
Date published: 2018-08-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by B Li from Delicious, refreshing and a huge hit! I followed the recipe almost exactly but for various reasons had to sub canned corn. It was fantastic and very easy to make! Roasted fresh corn would have made it even more delicious.
Date published: 2019-06-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by lovemyboxers from Surprisingly Good Love this recipe. The watermelon is not overpowering and helps cut the acid of the tomatoes and peppers. Most people cannot even tell it has watermelon in it. Great for company. So tasty.
Date published: 2018-06-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lexxy from The video ingredients does not match the recipe? I will follow the printed version of this recipe - and it is this typed version that has received all these 5 star reviews. I do not like the version in the video because it is not vegan.
Date published: 2019-08-21
Rated 4 out of 5 by Paula Joy from Why is the watermelon gazpacho VIDEO different? I made the recipe in the video. It was delicious. Are people commenting on that one, or the one written above? I would like to know which is better. Why are they different recipes?
Date published: 2020-07-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by daynichka from Delicious soup! I've made this several times now and its always delicious.
Date published: 2017-02-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by SandraG54 from Vitamix I bought my vita mix machine two years ago and I cannot live without it it is a fantastic machine a lifesaver economic and very healthy food recipes love it love it love it
Date published: 2020-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carrie F from My go-to summer dish I don't normally like gazpacho, but the sweetness from the corn and watermelon really balances it. I actually add a bit more watermelon than it calls for (or a bit less tomato depending on what is available at the market) and prefer it a bit sweeter. Then I just taste as I go. It is perfect with a drizzle of olive oil on top. And you can't get much more healthy than this!
Date published: 2021-06-02