Machine: Vita-Prep 3
Preparation: 10 minutes
Processing: 5 minutes 30 seconds
Yield: 3½ cups
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Place eggs, lemon juice, zest, sugar, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove lid plug.
- Add butter through the lid plug opening and secure lid plug. Blend for 30 seconds.
Chef’s Note: This simple lemon curd eliminates the need for continuous stirring. It also sets up well and can be stored for later use. Adjust flavor by replacing the lemon with lime or passion fruit.