Low-calorie snacks are a great way to sustain you until your next meal, and they give you the chance to enjoy a serving of fruits or vegetables, too. Many of these snacks travel well, so you can easily eat healthy while on the go.
Here are just six of the many diverse and delicious low-calorie snacks that you can make in the Vitamix:
1. Five minutes and a handful of simple ingredients create this smooth and creamy Hummus. For just 99 calories per 59 grams you can spread it on whole wheat pittas or use it as a dip for fresh vegetables like carrots, celery and cucumbers.
2. Granola Cheese Balls are low sugar, low fat, child-friendly and they also appeal to grown-up tastes. Three minutes of prep time and less than a minute of processing will yield a recipe for twelve Granola Cheese Balls with just 52 calories each. Pair two with a piece of fruit, or try it on a bagel for a tasty spread.
3. The Everything Smoothie is bursting with fruits, vegetables and greens. A 236 gram serving is just 95 calories.
4. With its pleasing blend of vegetables, this Minestrone Soup uses ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. Best of all, it satisfies like a small meal and is ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Enjoy a cup right out of the Vitamix for only 84 calories, or make ahead and store in the refrigerator for heightened flavour the next day. Simply omit the optional grated Romano cheese for a vegan version.
5. Satisfy a sweet tooth with this creamy Peach Soya Sherbet. It’s a simple confection of frozen peaches and soya milk, and you won’t believe a 118 gram serving is only 118 calories.
6. Fruity Avocado Salsa is special enough for company, and at only 37 calories per 59 grams, you can splurge on seconds. Serve it with flax tortilla chips or rice crackers for a hearty bite.
Grazing on healthy snacks just before going out to a party or restaurant is also a great way to prevent overeating. By taking the edge off your appetite, you can enjoy smaller portions without feeling like you’re denying yourself.
6 Low-Calorie Vitamix Snacks
By: Vitamix | 01/08/2015