Silky Smooth Salad Dressings
Using fun and fresh ingredients, prepare the perfect salad for the upcoming warmer months. 26/04/2016
As the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, it’s time to bring salads back to the table. With more and more exotic, unusual and healthy ingredients available, it’s easy to make exciting salads. Why not add further variety to your salad with a homemade dressing?
With a Vitamix blender you can create healthier dressings, using fresh ingredients. The Vitamix container works to create a smoother blend through the uniquely controlled vortex system which folds ingredients back to the blades. Also the ingredients emulsify, so you won’t have to stir or re-blend the dressing if you have leftovers. What’s more, as the blenders in the Vitamix range are so easy to clean, you won’t be stuck in the kitchen washing up. Simply half fill with warm water and blend with a drop of washing up liquid, then rinse.
Try these dressings in your Vitamix today!
A fresh, fruity dressing which works perfectly with full, rich flavours, such as goat’s cheese. Using a Vitamix means the fresh raspberries are emulsified to create a smooth, silky dressing.
Total Time: 11 min / Yield: 480ml
Serving size per 30ml / Calories 120 / Total fat 12g / Saturated fat 1.5g / Sodium 170mg / Total carbs 4g / Sugars 2g
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 60ml (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) honey
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 60 g (1/2 cup) fresh raspberries
- 180ml (3/4 cup) olive oil
- Place water, salt, honey, basil and raspberries into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Remove lid plug and drizzle olive oil in a slow stream through the plug opening.
- Replace lid plug. Slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for an additional 10 seconds.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Balsamic Citrus Dressing
The citrus flavours in this dressing complement a variety of ingredients, particularly whole grains like quinoa and buckwheat. Placing a peeled, halved orange into your Vitamix, rather than juicing, ensures all of the fibre from the fruit is included in the dressing – an additional health benefit to any salad!
Total Time: 15 min / Yield: 480ml
Serving size per 30ml / Calories 81 / Total fat 7g / Saturated Fat 1g / Sodium 148mg / Total carbs 5g / Dietary Fibre 1g
- 60ml (1/4 cup) organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, halved
- 3 spring onions, white part only or 40g chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 25g (2 tablespoons) caster sugar
- ½ lime peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Place vinegar, oranges, onion, garlic, sugar, lime, pepper and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove lid plug.
- Pour oil in a thin stream through the lid plug opening until thoroughly emulsified.
Refrigerate in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature and shake, if needed, before serving over salad.
Vita-Mix® Corporation (“Vitamix”) is a privately held family-owned and -operated company founded in 1921 that manufactures high-performance blending equipment for home and commercial use. The company’s commercial customer list reads like a “Who’s Who” of major restaurant chains, and gourmet chefs say their Vitamix machines are as important to them as their knives. A recognized leader in marketing and product innovation, Vitamix founder William G. “Papa” Barnard created one of the first infomercials in 1949 to demonstrate how the Vitamix blender could help people improve their health with whole foods, and the company developed the first true commercial blender in the early 1990s, which ignited the smoothie movement. Vitamix, whose products are known worldwide for their performance, durability, and reliability, continues to win awards for product innovation and is a recipient of the president’s prestigious “E” Award for Exports. Headquartered in Olmsted Township, Ohio, 19 miles from Cleveland, Vitamix products are manufactured in Northeast Ohio and sold in approximately 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.vitamix.co.uk.