Carrot Miso Soup with Wasabi Peas
An Asian-inspired soup with jasmine rice, kombu and white miso paste.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 95 g (1 cup) leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 600 g (5 cups) carrots, halved
- 35 g (3 Tablespoons) jasmine rice
- 10 cm (4-inch) piece of kombu
- 40 g (2 Tablespoons) white miso paste
- 1.2 l (5 cups) water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt
- 40 g (⅓ cup) wasabi peas
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook leeks stirring occasionally, until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Deglaze with vinegar.
- Add carrots, rice, kombu, miso and water. Heat to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Remove kombu and stir in agave. Remove from heat and carefully transfer mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until mixture is smooth.
- Portion and garnish with wasabi peas.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|