Carrot Orange Ice with Ginger and Olive Oil
Orange and ginger turn fresh carrot into the perfect spring-time treat.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- Zest of ½ Orange
- 120 g (1 cup) carrots, halved
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger root
- 40 g (3 Tablespoons) caster sugar
- 390 g (3 cups) ice cubes
- Place olive oil, orange, zest, carrot, ginger and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Add ice to the container. Turn dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10. Blend for 30 seconds, using tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||120 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Carrot Orange Ice with Ginger and Olive Oil is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by VLE82 from Refreshing and easy! This recipe worked well for me. I blended everything EXCEPT the ice for 1 minute on high, etc. as the recipe is written, then stopped and added ice and blended for about 35 seconds on high.
Date published: 2020-03-24
Rated 2 out of 5 by Mary Catherine from Total fail :-( You would think it is amazingly easy, yet the whole thing turned to a block of ice. Not amount of tamping would move things along. Finally added almond milk and turned it into a very cold not so creamy shake. The flavor was refreshing but definitely not what is suppose to be.
Date published: 2018-07-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Foodiebear from Refreshing and super simple Loved this recipe. Combined all ingredients with the exception of ice, set aside in the Vitamix container during dinner. Dropped in the ice afterward and had a wonderful desert in 2 minutes. Served in chilled clear glass, it’s simple and quite beautiful.
Date published: 2020-06-01