Like traditional hummus, this recipe includes chickpeas but also uses cauliflower to add to the creaminess.
- 200 g (2 cups) cauliflower, trimmed florets
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 425 g (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Toss cauliflower florets with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon, chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic, cumin, and roasted cauliflower into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
|Serving Size||48 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|