Easy Tomato Sauce
As the name implies, this five-ingredient recipe is easy enough to make in a pinch and includes beef stock, tomatoes, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable stock
- 800 g (2 cans) low sodium plum tomatoes
- 100 g (3 ounces) tomato purée
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 15 g (1 cup) Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, and herbs into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 7 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Adding Parmesan cheese to the mixture will enrich the flavour of your sauce.
|Serving Size||57 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|