Nothing says comfort like a steamy bowl of delicious, healthy soup full of the nutrients only jackfruit can provide. For some fun and variety, just add cooked ramen noodles or pho noodles.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 90 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, chopped
- 540 g (4 cups) jackfruit
- 150 g (1 ) medium apple, cored, halved
- 140 g (2 ) carrot
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- Warm oil in a saucepan. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Place cooked onion, jackfruit, apple, carrot, and vegetable stock into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine, slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6 minutes and 15 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
If purchasing a whole jackfruit, try and make vegan pulled "pork" with the leftover fruit. Or try making the Vitamix Jackfruit Vinaigrette.
|Serving Size||400 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||540 g|