Lemon, Coriander and Green Olive Hummus
- 200 g (1 cup) garbanzo beans, soaked in water overnight, drained
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 50 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 8 green olives, pitted
- 30 g (½ cup) fresh coriander leaves
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place garbanzo beans in pan, covered with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and summer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until soft. Drain.
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, garlic, sesame seeds and 170ml (¾ cups) water into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds, or until micture is smooth. Add water through lid plug opening, if needed.
- While machine is running, remove lid plug.
- Add olives, corainder, salt and pepper through the lid plug opening. Blend for 10 seconds or until ingredients are finely chopped and well-combined.
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|