Make any meal special with this traditional sauce featuring a hint of chocolate.
- 455 g (1 pound) pork or beef lard
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons onion, peeled, diced
- 215 g (1½ cup) sesame seeds
- 50 g (½ cup) flaked almonds
- 80 g (½ cup) unsalted peanuts
- 1 dried chipotle chilli, stemmed
- 6 dried mulato chillies, stemmed
- 3 dried Ancho chillies, stemmed
- 3 dried pasilla chillies, stemmed
- 185 g (1 cup) raisins
- 1 circular disk Abuelitas dark chocolate
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2.25 l (9½ cup) chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon dried avocado leaf
- In a large stock pot, heat lard over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and lightly brown, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Add sesame seeds, almonds, and peanuts and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chilies and stir to coat in hot mixture. Keep stirring the chilies until they give off a fragrant toasted aroma.
- Add the tomato, chicken stock and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1 ½ to 2 hours stirring occasionally. Cool for 25-30 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully ladle 960 ml (4 cups) of cooked mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 1 minute. Pour into a storage container.
- Repeat the process for the remaining cooked mole mixture and add together. Season accordingly.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|