Non Dairy Dijon Cream Sauce
This sauce gets its creamy texture from cashews rather than dairy, and is the perfect accent to your favorite meal.
- 70 g (¼ cup) Dijon mustard
- 720 ml (3 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 g (2 cups) cashews, soaked 3 hours, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tablespoons onion, peeled, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4 minutes.
|Serving Size||60 (1/4 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Non Dairy Dijon Cream Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by charlottemmt from Tasty, easy, keeps its texture well! This was a really tasty recipe. Paired well with everything--meat, veggies, and especially pasta. I'm not a mustard fan, either. I made the recipe a second time and cut the mustard amount in half which was perfect for me.
Date published: 2020-06-06