Simple Dog Biscuit
A dog-friendly treat for your furry family member.
- 330 g (1⅓ cup) peanut butter
- 300 ml (1¼ cup) hot water
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 80 g (1 cup) rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place peanut butter and hot water into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to the highest setting.
- Blend for 30 seconds
- Remove the lid and add the flour and oats.
- Secure the lid and select Variable 6.
- Quickly turn the machine on and off to pulse 5-6 times. You will notice the dough starting to form a ball and lift off the blades.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides, adding a little flour if the dough looks too moist and has not formed a ball. Pulse again 5-6 times.
- Remove from container onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes.
- Roll out dough into 0.6 cm (¼ inch) thickness and use your favourite cookie cutter to cut into shapes.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking tray for about 40 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire baking rack.
|Serving Size||10 biscuits|
|Amount Per Servings|
Simple Dog Biscuit is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Poppy9422 from Easy to Make! I made these for my family to take back home with them to Georgia for my Granddog, Max. I save my HP Instant Ink boxes and they make perfect containers for transport or mailing. This dough is super easy and there is no waste. You use every last bit. This recipe makes over 1-1/2 lbs of 2-1/2” cookies as shown. I adjusted baking to 35 minutes instead of 40.
Date published: 2019-05-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianMe from How I get my dog to take his herbal medicine I just grind it up in the adding water stage. He loves these cookies so much. I make him a batch once a month and that way his medicinal needs are met with a delicious treat. Great recipe Vitamix! I usually have to add a lot more flour and oats to get them to shape up properly, but no big deal.
Date published: 2020-12-08