Thai Ginger Soup with Cashews
Ginger and chilli lend a zesty flavour to this soup, while cashews give it a hearty creaminess.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 100 g (1 ) carrot, halved
- 100 g (1 cup) cabbage, chopped
- 100 g (1 ) celery stalk, halved
- 140 g (1 ) red pepper
- 150 g (1 ) courgette, cubed
- 10 g (1 ) spring onion
- 15 g (1 ) lime
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 red chilli pepper
- 125 g (1 cup) cashews
- 1 Tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Serve immediately.
Add 1/2 cup (120ml) of coconut milk at the end of the blending cycle to give the soup a richer flavor. If you do not like spicy food, you may leave the chili pepper out of the soup.
|Serving Size||311 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page