Apple Pear Sauce
With no added sugar, this fruit purée is a sweet treat.
- 2 apples, cored, quartered
- 2 pears, cored, quartered
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- Combine fruit and water in a microwavable safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Steam in the microwave for about 5 minutes until the fruit is very tender. Cool.
- Place soft fruit and reserved liquid into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Purée program. Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Select Variable 1 Switch machine to Start and blend for 1 minute.
Making a large batch of baby food, double or triple this recipe and freeze in ice cube trays.
|Serving Size||78 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Apple Pear Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MamaJones from Skin and seeds go in my puree I'm sure I've read somewhere the seeds and skin are where the main nutrients are so I tend to keep the seeds in with mine, and definitely skin on, before cooking the apples and pears. They get pulverised super smooth in my Vitamix and it feels extra awesome knowing my little man is getting that in his food as well. #justmemaybe
Date published: 2017-06-15