Baked Cod with Fennel Purée and Cauliflower Rice
Great flavor doesn’t have to be difficult, and this recipe is an easy way to enjoy a variety of vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 100 g (1 stalk) celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon capers
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 35 g (1¼ cup) fresh spinach, loosely packed
- For the fennel purée, heat the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat.
- Add the fennel, celery, garlic and sweat until tender.
- Cover the vegetables with water and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the mixture, reserving the liquid for later use.
- Place the mixture into the Vitamix container with the capers, lemon zest, spinach and a splash of the reserve water.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Place in a bowl and hold warm for later use.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- Juice of ½ lemon
- fresh herbs
- For the cauliflower rice, place a handful of cauliflower into the Vitamix container at a time. Select Variable 5 and pulse 2 to 3 times or until you have a fine crumble.
- Place into a bowl and repeat until all the cauliflower is chopped. Do not add too much cauliflower at once, as this will result in uneven pieces.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the cauliflower and cook for about 5 minutes. Add your fresh herbs and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice
- 720 g (4 pieces) cod
- ⅛ teaspoon salt, optional
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place the cod on a parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, place the purée in the center of the dish, add a spoon full of rice and top with the baked cod.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|