Beef Fillet with Cauliflower Purée & Truffle Dressing
This savoury dinner is the perfect meal to impress your guests.
- ½ head cauliflower
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) double cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- For the purée, place the cauliflower, broken into pieces, into a sauce pan and cover with milk and cream. If needed, add water to fully cover the cauliflower.
- Add salt and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and transfer the cauliflower to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Hold the purée in a bowl and keep warm.
- 150 g (1 cup) hazelnuts, blached
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 150 ml (½ cup + 2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 10 g (2 Tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
- For the dressing, add the hazelnuts, garlic, olive oil, parmesan and truffle oil to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select variable 1, start the machine and increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until your desired consistency.
- 2 200 g beef fillets
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt, optional
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Remove the fillets from refrigeration about 20 minutes before you are ready to cook. Rub them in olive oil and season with salt.
- Place stainless steel pan over high heat. When the pan is very hot, add the fillets to sear. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, then add the butter and thyme to the pan and baste the steaks.
- To plate, place the warm purée in the middle of the plate and set the steakon top.
- Drizzle each steak with 1 Tablespoon of the truffle dressing.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|