Carrot, Ginger and Orange Ice
The vibrant color from the carrots and orange is only enhanced by the zing from the ginger, which all together make for an extra-delicious icy treat.
- 130 g (1 medium) medium orange, peeled, zested
- 150 g (1 slice) pineapple, peeled, 1½ inch-thick slice
- 90 g (1 ) medium carrot
- 5 g (1 piece) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 30 g (4 ) pitted dates, or honey, to taste
- 455 g (3½ cup) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
The texture of this recipe is intended to be like a slushy, for a more frozen treat add additional ice. The Vitamix makes quick work of these whole foods and ice, use other fruits and vegetables to make a dessert all your own.
|Serving Size||109 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|