Cashew Energy Balls
These wonderful snacks pack a lot of nutrition to help you through a hike. The power of the Vitamix allows you to make your own cashew butter for use in other recipes.
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- 240 ml (1 cup) cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 45 g (½ cup) shredded coconut
- 40 g (¼ cup) raisins
- 75 g (¾ cup) rolled oats
- Place honey, cashew butter, vanilla, salt and cinnamon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed and increase to Variable 4. Blend for 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add the coconut, raisins and rolled oats to the container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 10. Pulse 15-20 times to combine, scraping down the sides periodically, until mixture is combined. Scoop into 16 portions and then roll into balls. Dip into coconut and chill until ready to eat.
The power of the Vitamix makes quick work of this tough blend.
|Serving Size||31 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|