This thickened hot chocolate is just the thing for a winters night. Add a touch of cinnamon or cayenne pepper to spice it up.
- 40 g (¼ cup) masa harina
- 840 ml (3½ cup) room temperature water
- 720 ml (3 cups) milk, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 90 g (3 ounces) abuelita chocolate
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the masa harina with ½ cup (120 ml) water, and whisk to combine.
- Next, add all ingredients to the Vitamix container, including the masa paste, and secure the lid.
- Select the hot soup program and allow the program to run to completion or select Variable 1 and start the machine, quickly increase to Variable 10 and blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Serve hot.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Champurrado is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Gma TT from Quick Champurrado!!!! I wanted to take Champurrado to work with me on a wintery evening and I knew I did not have the time to make it on the stove, so Vitamix to the rescue. The first thing I noticed about this recipe is no cinnamon and no sweetener except what is in Abuelita. I have the maxi-4000 model vitamix from the 80's (still running strong). Glad the instructions told how to work around the hot soup program. The champurrado is hot and frothy. It is not as thick as cooking it on the stove. It might thicken by the time I get to drink a full cup. I added ground cinnamon and brown sugar. The chocolate is light compared to other recipes I use. I think next time I will melt chocolate before adding. It was noisy grinding in the container.
Date published: 2021-01-27