Curry Spice Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
This is certainly a very creative and tasty way to use up those seeds from your carved pumpkin. Loaded with zinc, they add a nice energy boost to this delicious snack!
- 1 teaspoon Maldon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 strip fresh lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the salt, cumin, pepper flakes, curry powder and lemon peel into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the blade base.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 10 seconds.
- 240 g (2 cups) pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pour spice blend and vinegar over the pumpkin seeds and mix thoroughly. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
|Serving Size||33 g ( 1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|