Gingerbread Cream Pie
This dessert is easy to make and as tasty as can be. Serve after a holiday meal for a perfect ending to a great dinner.
- 1 crust Perfect Pie Crust
- 4 yolks egg
- 480 ml (2 cups) milk
- 80 g (⅓ cup) caster sugar
- 50 g (⅓ cup) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 240 ml (1 cup) double cream
- Bake and cool pie crust as instructed. Set aside.
- Add egg yolks, milk, 80 g (⅓ cup) of the sugar, cornstarch, molasses, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Hot Soups program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete. Stop the machine. You should have a custard-like consistency.
- Remove to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once pudding is cool, clean the Vitamix container and add 120 ml (½ cup) of the heavy cream and secure the lid. Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, quickly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 10 seconds.
- Fold whipped cream into custard and place in cooled pie crust. Set aside.
- Place the remaining 120 ml (½ cup) heavy cream, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and pinch of cinnamon into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting. Start the machine, quickly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 10 seconds.
- Top pie and serve.
This recipe needs to add room temperature milk, or blend for longer.
|Serving Size||160 g (1 slice)|
|Amount Per Servings|