Liquorice Energy Bites
These delicious snack bites give you a burst of energy during hikes or just getting through the middle of a workday.
- 150 g (2 cups) shredded coconut
- 300 g (2 cups) raw almonds
- 200 g (2 cups) Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Lucuma powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons liquorice powder
- 2 teaspoons activated charcoal
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) water
- Add all ingredients into the Vitamix container. Secure the lid. Start the machine and increase speed to Variable 10 using the tamper to press ingredients towards the blades.
- Continue blending until an even texture has formed. Total blend time is approximately 45 seconds to 1 minute. It may be necessary to stop the machine halfway through blend time to scrape the side of the container.
- Roll the mixture into round balls. Roll finished balls in desiccated coconut, if desired.
Because this is a very thick mixture, working quickly to push ingredients towards the blades while blending is recommended. Activated charcoal has no nutritional value.
|Serving Size||1 energy bite|
|Amount Per Servings|