Mushroom Tofu Pasta Sauce
In this especially flavorful vegan sauce recipe, the mushrooms add a bold depth, and the tofu adds a creamy thickness. What’s not to love?
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled, diced
- 225 g (8 ounces) cremini mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 120 ml (½ cup) dry red wine
- 360 ml (1½ cup) water, or vegetable stock
- 300 g (10½ ounce) silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. When warm, add the onion, mushrooms, and thyme. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- Pour in the red wine and deglaze. Add the red chili flakes and continue to cook until the wine is reduced by two thirds.
- Carefully pour all the ingredients into your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select the Hot Soups program and allow it to run to completion; or select variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase speed to the highest setting. Blend for 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|