A healthy breakfast drink with oatmeal and amaranth, sweetened with cinnamon and mango.
- 960 ml (4 cups) water
- 3 Tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons amaranth flour
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1/8 teaspoon ground, 1.5"
- 165 g (1 cup) mango, peeled, diced
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Divide between glasses and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||397 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Calories||150, Calories from fat 20|
|Total Fat||2.5g (4% DV)|
|Saturated Fat||0.5g (3% DV)|
|Cholesterol||0mg (0% DV)|
|Sodium||45g (2% DV)|
|Total Carbohydrate||30g (10% DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||4g (16% DV)|
|Vitamin A Percent||(20% DV)|
|Vitamin C Percent||(40% DV)|
|Calcium Percent||(10% DV)|
|Iron Percent||(30% DV)|
Oatmeal Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CPTAMP from Amaranth isn't needed! I made this with 1/2 cup of Old-Fashioned Oats and no amaranth (and 1tsp of ground cinnamon instead of a stick), and it turned out great. I suspect you could substitute any fruit you have on hand.
Date published: 2017-10-22
Rated 3 out of 5 by tamiozzi from Breakfast to go! I wasn't sure what amaranth was, but found I could substitute quinoa for it. I assumed it needed to be cooked quinoa, but left the oatmeal raw. The overall flavor was okay, but I think it would make a great breakfast to go.
Date published: 2017-07-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cosmic Wanderer from Delicious! I made it with half almond milk half water and it was very smooth and tasty. I love incorporating amaranth into my diet since it's high in iron and im anemic so this is definitely a must try recipe!
Date published: 2020-05-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Timmay from Great start to the day! Easy to make and tastes great! I make this at least 3 times per week.
Date published: 2019-08-22