Red Bean Cake
- 600 g (3 cups) red beans
- 540 ml (2¼ cup) water
- 400 g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 140 g (¾ cup) long-grain rice
- Clean red beans with water and steep for 7 hours, or preserve in freezer overnight.
- Add equal amounts of water and beans into a rice cooker’s inner pot.
- Add 1½ cups (360 ml) water in outer pot and steam untilbeans are split.
- Spread sugar evenly on top of the beans. Stir lightly.
- Add ½ cup (120 ml) water in outer pot and steam again.
- When done, wait 10 to 20 minutes and remove cover.
- Place half of the bean mix, half of the rice, and half of the water into the Vitamix container in the order listed andsecure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10,then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until the container is warm. Pour mixture into a bowl.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
- Pour mixture into rice cooker’s inner pot. Add 1½ cups (360 ml) water in outer pot and steam.
- Once the red bean cake has cooled, remove from the inner pot and serve
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|