Red Curry Sauce
This delicious sauce goes well with fish and chicken and will surely be a go to recipe when you are trying to impress your guests.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil, optional
- 600 g (2 large) sweet onion, peeled, chopped
- 70 g (2 pieces) fresh ginger root, 1/2" slices
- 80 g (2 ) lemongrass, cut into 2" pieces
- 8 small garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
- 1 Thai red chillies, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons curry paste
- 35 g (3 Tablespoons) light brown sugar, optional
- 1.8 l (7½ cup) coconut milk
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) fish sauce
- 1 small lime, peeled
- In a large sauce pot on high heat, heat the oil to just before smoking. Add onions and saute until slightly browned about 5 minutes. Add ginger, lemongrass, garlic and continue to saute until deep brown, another 10 minutes. Season lightly with salt.
- Add chili paste (and chili if using) and cook for 1 minute. Add sugar, coconut milk, fish sauce. Bring to boil, turn heat down to medium high and let reduce until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly. Place liquid and lime into Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1-2 minutes. Taste, and re-adjust seasoning with fish sauce, sugar and/or lime juice to suit your tastes.
Freeze the extra sauce in small batches and slowly bring them back up to temperature to serve. Restaurants use the Vitamix to achieve their silky purees and with this sauce you can too.
|Serving Size||64 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||.05 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3.85 g|
|Dietary Fiber||.36 g|