A delicious sandwich spread or a way to brighten up a salad dressing, this spicy mustard is versatile and so easy to make at home.
- 120 g (¾ cup) yellow mustard seeds
- 120 g (¾ cup) brown mustard seeds
- 180 ml (¾ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 180 ml (¾ cup) white wine vinegar
- 180 g (24 ) pitted dates, or ¾ cup honey
- 180 ml (¾ cup) water
- 2¼ Tablespoon Maldon salt, optional
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix 600ml container in the order listed and secure the blade base.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
|Serving Size||36 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
Spicy Mustard is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ednise from Flavorsome! I like my mustard pungent, and this recipe did NOT disappoint! Very easy to make. I did add 2 garlic cloves to the recipe for added tastiness - YUM :)
Date published: 2019-07-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by FoxyIam from Almost perfect I would add a Tbs of horseradish and a 1/4 c of vermouth, or white wine.. you could even splurge and add some hot pepper along with a couple of egg yolks and olive oil too… make it a dijonaise
Date published: 2021-06-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by myrnaf from Perfect “zing”! This was so fast and easy, and produced an excellent spicy mustard. Since I wanted to just try a little, I reduced the proportions to 1/8th cup instead of 1/4, and made it in the 8 oz. container (for the ascent series). Blend and store. Perfect!
Date published: 2021-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jim B from Awsome Very easy and great tasting. It is all natural, not full of additives
Date published: 2017-08-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by pjaugustine from Fast and easy I had to look a little further for the ingredients, but I love the fresh mustard taste.
Date published: 2021-05-03