Thin-Crust Speck Pizza
Italian speck, a type of prosciutto, and Camembert cheese both contribute to the gourmet quality of this artisan pizza. Impress family and friends at your next gathering. Pizza night will never be the same!
- 95 g (¾ cup) plain flour
- ⅓ teaspoon fast-action dried yeast
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 60 ml (4 Tablespoons) warm water, 40°C-46°C (105°F-115°F)
- 60 ml (2 ounces) of your favorite pizza sauce
- 60 oz (2 ounces) sliced Camembert cheese
- 100 g (3 ounces) thinly sliced speck
- Preheat oven to 218°C (425°F). Lightly grease a large mixing bowl and 2 pizza pans with oil. Set aside.
- Add flour, yeast, and salt to your Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Start the machine, slowly increase to Variable 8, and blend for 5 seconds. Stop and remove the lid plug.
- Select Variable 5 and quickly Pulse about 60 times while slowly drizzling in the oil and warm water. After a ball has formed, keep Pulsing continuously for 5 to 10 seconds more.
- With floured hands, remove the dough and form into 2 equal balls. Place in the prepared bowl and coat oil on all sides of the dough. Let rise for 10 minutes.
- Stretch onto pizza pans. Add pizza sauce, Camembert cheese, and sliced speck in the order listed. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Speck can be substituted for prosciutto.
|Serving Size||½ pizza|
|Amount Per Servings|