This bright lime curd is beautiful on tarts and pastries, and you can easily substitute lemon for the lime zest.
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 200 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- Juice and Zest of 5 limes
- 170 g (¾ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- Place egg yolks, sugar, and lime juice into the Vitamix 40 oz. container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Turn the dial to 1 and slowly increase speed to 10.
- Blend for 90 seconds.
- Decrease speed to 3 and remove lid plug. Slowly drizzle in melted butter and lime zest through the lid plug opening. Replace lid plug.
- Increase speed to 10 and blend for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a clean container and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
|Serving Size||120 (4 ounces)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Lime Curd is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Unimom from Almost perfect This recipe makes perfect curd with zero angst. I do have two issues which why it lost one star. First, the amount of lime juice should have been in volume not a number of limes. The amount of juice you yield varies greatly. If I had used five of my big juice limes, the product would have been way too tart. I had to guesstimate the number of lime I needed to produce my curd. Second, even though my Vitamix makes smoothness easily, one should never assume that all those nasty little connective prices will disappear into the mixture. The final curd should be strained to be sure. I hope th corrections can be made. That said, the recipe is awesome. If anyone needs an excuse to purchase a Vitamix, a citrus curd is it. Thanks, Steve.
Date published: 2016-07-24