These crunchy almond cookies are mixed entirely in the Vitamix machine, making them a simple, go-to recipe for the holidays or throughout the year.
- 110 g (½ cup) light butter spread
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 95 g (¾ cup) plain flour
- 90 g (¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g (½ cup) flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 3 and blend for 15 seconds untilthe ingredients are creamed, then stop machine.Remove lid and add flours, baking soda, salt and almonds. Secure lid.Start machine and slowly increase to Variable 4, blending for 15 - 20 seconds usingthe tamper to press the ingredients into the blade, if necessary.Drop by teaspoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 Cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Almond Cookies is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Shelvis from This recipe does not work I tried this recipe today and it doesn't work. It is too dry and it doesn't mix properly. I had to add 1 tbsp extra milk, and it still didn't work. I ended up adding an egg and still had to take it out of the Vitamix to blend it properly. The result was still very dry. My kids think they taste like dry muffin tops. It was also annoyingly difficult to clean out of the Vitamix afterward. I like my Vitamix but it's best for smoothies, gazpacho, fresh salsa, that sort of thing.
Date published: 2018-01-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marilda Harbin from home This machine has been of good service to me; after I had my stomach surgery. I didn't know you could use this machine for the purpose of making cookies too.
Date published: 2016-12-11
Rated 1 out of 5 by paulie475 from Somethings Wrong! There must be a typo in this recipe. It does NOT work. The dry ingredients ratio to the wet ingredients is off. It’s far too dry. Please review the ingredient list and get back to us!!! Recommendation: Definitely needs more milk. Should it say 1/2 CUP of MILK? Possibly more butter.
Date published: 2018-12-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Teraman from Yum! Delicious! Crunchy and sweet but not too sweet. .
Date published: 2019-07-30
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ron B from Hi sugar content Like a lot of baking recipes this has a high sugar content, which we are told is bad for your health. You would think that recipe producers would have learned by now to reduce or provide alternatives.
Date published: 2017-08-15
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lola1 from Sounds interesting, but... While the recipe sounds interesting there is no way to print (friendly) this recipe, which makes it difficult for future cooking or reading at home.
Date published: 2017-12-07