Dutch Apple Baby
A fluffy pancake with the warm and juicy flavours of cinnamon apple. Just a touch of vanilla and breakfast is served!
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- 475 g (3 medium) apples
- 50 g (¼ cup) caster sugar, or Date Syrup to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 60 g (½ cup) plain flour
- 120 ml (½ cup) soya milk
- 1 Tablespoon plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) . Spray a 23 cm (9 in.) pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sauté sliced apples in butter with sugar and cinnamon until slightly soft.
- Transfer to prepared pie plate.
- To make batter, place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour over apples. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with icing sugar.
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Dutch Apple Baby is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by an7hagan from Very easy, delectable, and a perfect brunch dish This is perfect recipe to make for brunch. Very easy and quick to make. My only recommendation is to add a little more sugar to the recipe. The family loved it. We topped ours with whipped cream.
Date published: 2015-12-27
Rated 3 out of 5 by Midwest from Fairly Good Mine did not resemble the picture. Taste was okay. Recipe was easy to make. I did not have eggs so substituted apple sauce. Also substituted almond milk for the soy milk.
Date published: 2020-07-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by Robin 55 from It was ok Ours looked more like a quiche. Although it was fun to make, we were not able to get it to hold together like a pancke.
Date published: 2019-11-29