Apple Pie Ice Cream
Capture the classic American comfort food in this mouth-watering ice cream. An optional banana gives the recipe extra sweetness.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades while processing.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
- For an even bolder flavor, try roasting your apples until tender before blending them. This will remove some moisture and make for a creamier mixture, so you may need to adjust by using 1/2 cup to 1 cups less ice.
- If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding another cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth.
|Serving Size||134 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Apple Pie Ice Cream is rated out of 5 by 10.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Roses1 from Quickest ice cream! I use 3 cups of frozen half & half cream cubes instead of ice cubes (you could freeze almond milk into cubes too) and instead of apple juice I microwave 2 cored apples instead of one raw, for 3 minutes (let them cool) , and use almond extract. Comes out much creamier, more like ice cream than sorbet.
Date published: 2017-12-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midwest from Creamy and clean taste Really creamy texture with light and clean taste. A hit with my guests. I altered the recipe a bit using 1/4 c froz apple juice concentrate, 1/4 c powdered coffee creamer, and maple syrup for the agave. This recipe is very sweet. Next time I will cut out the juice concentrate and use almond milk for the liquid. I will also cut out any added sugar such as the agave or maple syrup. My other substitution was the use of frozen instead of fresh carrots. I will also add a bit more cinnamon with the next batch. All in all and excellent receipt. Easy to prepare, create and serve.
Date published: 2020-07-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Samtam from Apple pie without the crust! This recipe tasted just like I expected; it was great. I love how easy to use my Vitamix is, and that I'm not afraid to adjust recipes to suit my taste. It's the first appliance I use more every time I see a demo--almost every other appliance has become obsolete!
Date published: 2017-03-13
Rated 3 out of 5 by Amanda70 from It's OK This tastes more like frozen cinnamon applesauce. The consistency is more like frozen ice rather than the creamier ice cream but it is a lot more healthier than ice cream.
Date published: 2015-12-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by NH vitamix fan from Replacement for Agave? Hi, this recipe sounds good. However Agave is not a good product to use, especially for Type 2 diabetics. If anyone has used a replacement, or can suggest something else, would appreciate it. Maybe date syrup?
Date published: 2019-11-07
Rated 3 out of 5 by Johanna from Wasn’t what was in the pic It was really good but it turned out to be way more liquidy then ice cream. It was more like a smoothie. It was really good though !! I followed the instructions perfectly btw. Would like a recipe more to make ice cream please.
Date published: 2019-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rob1 from Sooooooooooo Good! This recipe, besides being easy and fun to do is perfect for dessert time. I can't think of a better treat than apples and ice cream. Happy dessert!
Date published: 2020-04-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by mark63 from Great Ice cream Whipped this up in spur of the moment. Surprisingly good considering recipe is much faster and easier than the usual ice cream.
Date published: 2020-10-07