Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce
This spicy Mexican sauce can be served as a hot or cold dip, or used to enhance tortilla filling, gorditas, and tostaditas.
- 240 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 425 g (14½ ounce) canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 80 g (½ cup) medium onion, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 75 g (½ cup) red pepper, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 75 g (½ cup) yellow pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- Heat a Sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the next 5 ingredients. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients and half of the sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If sauce is getting too thick (sauce should be spreadable) add a little more water or stock.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 or 5 and remove the lid plug. Add remaining sautéed mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds.
Recommended for Tortilla filling, gorditas, tostadas or use as a hot or cold dip.
|Serving Size||120 ml (½ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|