Easily blend this whole-grain batter in just seconds.
- 150 g (1¼ cup) whole wheat flour
- 55 g (½ cup) oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cinnamon stick, or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves, or ⅛ teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) soya milk
- 60 ml (¼ cup) egg substitute, or 2 large eggs
- 60 ml (¼ cup) grapeseed oil
- 120 ml (½ cup) applesauce
- 40 g (1 cup) bran flake cereal
- 80 g (½ cup) raisins
- 100 g (6 ) dates, pitted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Lightly coat muffin tins with non-stick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine whole wheat flour, soya flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, and ground cloves in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, oil, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Add raisins and cereal. Mix gently by hand to combine.
- Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Soy products need to be replaced/re-created (soy flour + soy oil).
|Serving Size||78 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Bran Muffins is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Pearly from it was ok It was ok, as I replaced the eggs, due to allergies at home. maybe due to that it did not work for us.
Date published: 2021-05-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by babyluvs2lift from Delicious Great healthy recipe. I added a touch of honey. Great with butter and fig jam.
Date published: 2021-03-20