Brown Rice Breakfast Cereal
This easy-to-make cereal is deliciously sweet when topped with fresh fruit or honey.
- 200 g (1 cup) brown rice, uncooked
- 840 ml (3½ cup) water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place brown rice into the Vitamix Container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8.
- Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 10 seconds. If a finer cereal is desired, grind longer.
- In a saucepan heat salted water to boiling. Slowly add cracked rice to boiling water, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Reduce temperature to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Serve with low fat milk and honey, if desired.
|Serving Size||242 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|