A classic tomato blend that can be thrown together in minutes for those teenage invasions and impromptu parties.
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- 10 g (¼ cup) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Roma tomatoes
- Place onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lemon juice, and six of the tomato quarters into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 5.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Reduce to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Add the remaining tomatoes through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 10 seconds or just until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Do not over mix, leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
|Serving Size||60 (0.25 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Red Salsa is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by phil58 from Even better with lime juice This is indeed a wonderful salsa, which I have made and enjoyed at least a dozen times. However, I believe lime juice substituted for the lemon makes it even better. In the "Getting Started" booklet that came with my Vitamix 7500, the ingredient list for this recipe (which is called California Salsa in that publication) calls for lemon juice, but the first step of the directions mentions placing lime (not lemon) with the other ingredients into the blender, which inspired me to use it instead.
Date published: 2017-04-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by SherryBabie from Easy and Delicious I've made this for my family several times. I either put a clove of garlic in or garlic salt. Use the pulse to desired consistency. You can also add a little Serrano chili for more kick/flavor.
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 4 out of 5 by stellarsteph from Great flavor! This salsa recipe has a great flavor! I mixed the salsa in my Vitamix and think that the recommended times here may be a bit too long (maybe use the pulse function to keep it more chunky), but I'll definitely make this again!
Date published: 2015-11-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by KathyM from Perfect I can no longer eat restaurant Salsa. This is a million times better than anything in a restaurant. I normally keep some of the seeds or add an additional pepper to spice it up some. It is the best salsa ever. Most of the times I just eat it with a spoon.
Date published: 2016-01-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by ItssoStormy from Love it I've made this several times. I either put a clove of garlic, salt, lime juice, serrano pepper and later add some cut up avocado then pulse to desired consistency. Ive been using he 8 oz bowl for small batches. .
Date published: 2018-03-04
Rated 2 out of 5 by AVR1 from Missing something.... This recipe underdelivered for a couple reasons: 1. I followed recipe mixing times exactly. Salsa turned brownish color after 1st mixing session. Who wants brown salsa? Not me. 2. Flavor: it lacked flavor. I added fresh chopped tomatoes, garlic, lime & salt & pepper. Overall, not impressed with this recipe. ☹️
Date published: 2018-07-05