Carmelized Onion Tart
Savory tarts are a quick and easy treat to serve at your next dinner party.
- 450 g (2 ) sweet onions, quartered
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 120 g (½ cup) goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package premade tart shells
- Place onions into the Vitamix container add just enough water to allow the onions to float off the blades and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 5.
- Turn machine on and off quickly, or use the pulse setting.
- Pulse 3-4 times or until desired consistency do not over pulse or onions will be too small.
- Strain and dry onions.
- In a medium sauté pan heat the oil on medium low. Add onions and rosemary and slowly cook until golden brown. About 30 minutes.
- Add goat cheese and stir to combine.
- Place premade tart shells on a baking sheet, and evenly distribute the mixture into the shells.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) degree oven for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 Small Tart|
|Amount Per Servings|