Like traditional hummus, this recipe includes chickpeas but also uses cauliflower to add to the creaminess.
- 200 g (2 cups) cauliflower, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 425 g (15 ounces) tinned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 35 g (¼ cup) sesame seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside. Toss cauliflower florets with 2 Tablespoons olive oil, curry powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Spread in an even layer on prepared sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes or until tender, stirring after 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, chickpeas, sesame seeds, garlic, cumin, and roasted cauliflower into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Cauliflower Hummus is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mtn Girl Joy from What a great idea!!! Yummy and simple. I use fresh beans instead of canned ones. I grew up always using fresh beans. A little more time, but worth it to me.
Date published: 2015-09-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by MamaMia from Needed some more liquid Love the taste, but it was a little too thick and wouldn't process in the Vitamix. I added some more olive oil. I may add the liquid from the beans the next time to see how that works.
Date published: 2015-10-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Deborah J from The best! I loved the fact that you did not need to use tahini. It made enough for me to share and was very easy.
Date published: 2015-10-15
Rated 1 out of 5 by Souplover from Something's not right I used the C series 64 oz container and it stops blending on number 4, and tampering down does not help. I also added about 2 more tablespoons of liquid to see if that would help and it didn't. The flavor is good, but not the texture I was hoping for, since using high is not an option on this recipe. Good for flavor, bad for performance.
Date published: 2016-03-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by MyNicknameisBob from Deeeeeeeelicious Eat it with pita chips. Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious.
Date published: 2015-09-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by VitamixRocks from Best Hummus EVER! This recipe is easy and the flavor is AMAZING! The total time on the recipe says 5 minutes, but it's really longer than that because you have to roast the cauliflower (20 mins). I ended up substituting (unsalted) shelled sunflower seeds instead of the sesame seeds because I was out of sesame seeds. It was so delicious and creamy, I think I'll keep using the sunflower seeds in the future!
Date published: 2019-08-25