Make a breakfast that tastes like dessert! Serve with strawberry syrup and freshly sliced strawberries.
- 125 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 240 ml (1 cup) reduced fat buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 digestive wheat crackers
- 225 g (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- Place dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix to combine fully. Set aside.
- Place egg, buttermilk and melted butter into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4, remove lid plug and slowly drop in cream cheese cubes through the lid plug opening, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Blend 10 seconds or until cream cheese is reduced to the size of large curd cottage cheese.
- Gently fold liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- For each pancake pour about ¼ cup (60 ml) batter on a hot, greased griddle. Cook until bubbles appear on top of batter, flip and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown.
- Serve with Strawberry Syrup, fresh sliced strawberries, syrup or powdered sugar.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|