A creamy butter substitute with garlic, cashews, and nutritional yeast, perfect for flavouring vegetables, soups, and sauces.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) water
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 125 g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Cut garlic bulbs in half and roast in a small baking dish for about 25 minutes or until soft.
- When cool, squeeze out softened garlic cloves, removing and discarding skins.
- Place water, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, and pepper into the Vitamix blender and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This is a delicious and healthful garlic spread to have on hand to flavour raw vegetables, cooked vegetable dishes or to add extra flavour to soups and sauces.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|